Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 2 on Tanna

Morris called this morning to say that he was pretty sick last night. He went back to bed until 10am and felt good enough to get through the 100 verses today. Greg and BethAnn are taking good care of him and he's enjoying working with Pastor Peter. Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow.

I went into town to meet with another gal for lunch and good conversation. Before lunch, I meandered through the shops and open air market to see what they offered as a souvenir. So many wanted to engage me in conversation, especially the young girls who are there with their mothers. I talked at length with one person about my time in PNG. She figured I had been there since I had a PNG bilum (string bag). I used Tok Pisin and she used Bislama and we got along fine. I realize I've been hesitant to use it because it's not Bislama and might sound strange but I figure if I can understand most of what they are saying, they can probably figure out what I'm saying too. Kind of freeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment